- Four fan buses of kids (well-over 200 kids) signed up to go to the State Championship Football game on Thursday afternoon in Cookeville, TN.
- They were a cohesive, loud, and fun-loving cheering force during the game.
- The team won the game, while playing their best game of the year.
- Friday we had current fifth graders from both the Memphis and Germantown campuses come up to the Collierville Campus for a preview of what sixth grade will be like. The day went really well, and I believe they got to see much of what is special about the Collierville Campus.
- Also Friday we had perhaps our best chapel of the year during which Adam Cruthirds from the Class of 2016 spoke beautifully about his battle with cancer. In front of grades 5 – 12, his humble and deeply thoughtful voice served to unify us. His is the best kind of student leadership.
All of these things—the football team, the community supporting them, the fifth graders, and the chapel—brought us together in great ways. We are stronger going forward because of the week just passed. School spirit is a powerful force, and it was manifest in myriad ways last week.It is a good time to be at St. George’s! I am excited to see how we will maintain and extend the momentum the school community has been building.